Recipe by thepurpleturtle
This pizza is so good! And what an added bonus to provide your body with power-foods like spinach, garlic, artichokes and tomatoes... packed with antioxidants and other excellent health benefits!
Top Review by Catherine B.
We loved this pizza - especially the artichoke hearts and feta! This is a great, quick, veggie dinner for a week night. I use Pillsbury Whole Wheat Artisan pizza dough. I'm sure we will make this often and try different veggies. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 pizza dough, uncooked and rolled out to about 16 inches (my pizza dough recipe is #167070)
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce (I love Ultimate Pizza Sauce)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 10 ounces artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, if using pizza stone, preheat on bottom rack for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the spinach, artichokes, garlic, onion, olives, parmesan and salt and pepper.
- Spread pizza sauce on prepared pizza dough.
- Evenly place the spinach mixture on the pizza and top with the sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the feta and mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until done.