Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, until I find fresh fennel, I hear it's quite a treat. From Woman's World 6/02/08.
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, chunk
- 12 ounces fennel bulbs (small bulb fennel)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, fresh (3 oz.)
- 2 radishes, cut into wedges
- 1 fennel leaves, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using peeler, scrape wide side of cheese chunk to form flaky curls of Parmesan; reserve.
- Trim tough stalks and feathery fronds off fennel bulb. Trim bottom and remove any tough outer ribs. Halve and thinly slice bulb.
- Whisk oil with vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In large salad bowl, toss together spinach, sliced fennel and radishes.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat salad with dressing.
- Top with Parmesan curls.
- If desired, garnish with fennel frond.