Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yes, I can get my kids to eat spinach!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (3 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 0.5 (10 ounce) carton frozen chopped spinach, Defrosted
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 1 cup sour cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, stir and set aside
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic or 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Ground beef, drain. Add onions, mushrooms and spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, rice, "very sour" sour cream, oregano, pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Place 1/2 meat mixture in a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkel half of the mozzerella cheese, top with 1/2 of the rice mixture. Repeat and top with cheese again.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
I love, love, LOVE this recipe! Super good!!!! I made exactly as stated except made rice ahead of time as I didn't have Minute Rice and used white vinegar in the sour cream. Oh...and I also added a bit more cheese. It was loved by the family and I will make again!