Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy, cheesy, beefy. A favorite one-dish family dinner at our house.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown beef, add mushrooms, garlic and oregano.
- Stir fry until mushrooms are light browned.
- Add spinach, heat until thawed and almost all juices have cooked away, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into shallow casserole.
- Scatter cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Holy smokes, what a hit! I don't quite know why this recipe tasted so extremely good, given how simple it is, but my husband and I loved it! I was thinking of maybe cooking lasagna noodles and layering those in next time, and maybe cutting back on the beef a tiny bit, but those are just ideas. The recipe is great as-is. Thanx for an easy, great-tasting, filling recipe!
My mom has been making Spinach Fandango for at least 30 years for my dads birthday. We add a lot more sliced mushrooms the recipe calls for. My dad always said "It goes very well with a German Chocolate cake" for desert.
I made this alot when my children were in elementary school. I haven't made it for several yrs, ( bonified senior citizen now) but my DH remembered and wanted it again. I was pleasantly surprised when I type in the name and it was here! yahoo! It is not a snappy flavored dish, more subtle but it is very good and one we never tired of. To crockpot it may leave it runny as the spinach and sour cream breaks down. It bakes up quickly in oven. Put it all together ahead of time. Does not freeze. I can almost taste it now. :)