Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wasn't even a huge fan of enchiladas before I ate these! The spinach and blend of cheeses give this dish a wonderful flavor. Substitute salsa in place of the enchilada sauce for a different twist! It's just as great!
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup scallions or 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 6 ounces low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Melt margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the green onions; cook and stir 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach is warm, stirring occassionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cottage cheese, sour cream and 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 cup filling down center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Place, seam side down, in ungreased 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with green onions.
Delicious, low-fat, easy enchiladas that taste rich and creamy. I've made them twice to rave reviews and will make them many more times. I did substitute non-fat sour cream and non-fat cottage cheese for the low-fat items and whole wheat tortillas for the flour tortillas. Next time I'm going to try adding mushrooms. Terrific recipe. Thanks!
These were easy to make and very yummy!
This was good, I omited sour cream,(my daughter doesn't like it), and used whole wheat tortillas instead of white flour ones. I will make this one again.