Recipe by SweetPnut
I wasn't even a huge fan of enchiladas before I ate these! The spinach and blend of cheeses give this dish a wonderful flavor. Substitute salsa in place of the enchilada sauce for a different twist! It's just as great!
Top Review by Omm
Delicious, low-fat, easy enchiladas that taste rich and creamy. I've made them twice to rave reviews and will make them many more times. I did substitute non-fat sour cream and non-fat cottage cheese for the low-fat items and whole wheat tortillas for the flour tortillas. Next time I'm going to try adding mushrooms. Terrific recipe. Thanks!
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup scallions or 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 6 ounces low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Melt margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the green onions; cook and stir 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach is warm, stirring occassionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cottage cheese, sour cream and 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 cup filling down center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Place, seam side down, in ungreased 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with green onions.