Recipe by anmelo
My daughter and I are trying to loose some weight, so today we tried some enchiladas completely different. Instead of using corn tortillas, we used spinach leaves, and it really tasted delicious.
- 24 big spinach leaves
- 1 cooked and flaked chicken breast
- 5 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
For the Salsa
- 1⁄2 lb tomatillo (about 7)
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1 small chili (serrano)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 8 raw, washed spinach leaves in a pyrex form, divide the chicken on the leaves, top with the rest 8 leaves, and roll them a little bit as a taco.
- For the Salsa: wash the tomatillos, quarter them and place in a casserole with water to cook.
- Cook aproximately 10 minutes.
- Put the tomatillos in a blender (without the water), add the onion, chili and salt to taste.
- Blend well.
- Pour the salsa over the spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle with the mozarella cheese.
- For those who doesn't have to look on the scale, add some tablespoons of sour cream, before adding the cheese.
- Put the pyrex in the microwave oven and heat on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice and black beans.