Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are so yummy! I found this recipe in one of my Southern Living Annual recipe cookbooks. It called for corn tortillas but we like flour tortillas better. If you like spinach, you'll love these!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & pressed dry
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 package flour tortilla
- 4 cups of shredded monterey jack cheese, divided (save some for the top)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- vegetable oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Warm oil in a large skillet& add tortillas one at a time until softened.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Spoon a small amount of onions& cheese on each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Spoon spinach mixture over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 325 uncovered for 30 minutes.
I, too, am familiar with this recipe from Southern Living. I have been making these for years, and they are great. I do use the corn tortillas as called for in the original recipe. Great idea to post this recipe; I encourage everyone to try it!
I also found this recipe in Southern Living. It's great. I have tried another version, and it did not compare. I tried this recipe in February of 1998. Thanks for posting. Toni in Colorado