Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on a site I never go on, so thought I'd post it here with my alterations. In the original recipe, they used 1 cup ricotta cheese, yet I didn't have any, and didn't have a full cup of cottage cheese as a substitute. Olives in this recipe are an estimate, since we had some left over from dinner, so I just chopped those up. I'd say as an estimate, probably slightly less than 1/4 cup. You could use whatever cheese you prefer, I used a 3 cheese blend, which turned out wonderful.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Pinch off woody ends of spinach, place in boiling water for about 30 seconds, or until vibrant green, drain, and squeeze out excess water.
- Place butter in skillet, melt, and added in onions and garlic, cook until fragrant, not brown.
- Add in spinach, corn, and black olives, cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, stir in cottage cheese, sour cream, and 1 cup cheese.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave, (I did mine all at once, it took forever, and they didn't turn out correctly), I'd recommend one at a time, for probably 10-15 seconds each.
- Spoon roughly 1/4 cup of the mixture into each tortilla and roll up and place seam-side down in a 9x13 in baking dish.
- Cover with enchilada sauce and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling, and cheese is lightly brown at the edges.