Recipe by MelinOhio
These are really good. I have a lot of company and once made all mexican food, this was one of my recipes that went over well.
Top Review by Cook4_6
Very Good! I substituted cream of mushroom soup for cream of chicken because I wanted to make it meatless. The mixture of spinach and corn flavors was really good. I gave the recipe 5 stars, and my husband thought the spinach flavor was too overpowering gave it a 3. (Thus, the average of 4) My husband thought it woudl be better if you first top with regular enchilada sauce, this drizzle a smaller portion of the spinach sauce over top it. I served this with Simple Homemade Refried Beans Recipe #202416 and the combination worked very well together!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and pressed dry
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup minced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in container of electric blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Try tortillas, one at a time, in hot oil about 5 seconds on each side.
- Drain on paper towells.
- Spoon 1 Tbs. of each cheese on onion on each tortilla, roll up and place in a lightly greased 12 x 8 baking dish.
- Spoon spinach mixture over and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered, at 325 for 30 minutes.