Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from Good Housekeeping Magazine January 2012.
- 1 eggplant
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 5 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line large cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Trim eggplant; cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick planks. Place on cookie sheet; sprinkle with salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Roast 12 minutes or until softened and golden. Cool.
- In bowl, mix spinach, ricotta, egg, parmesan and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in 9x5 loaf pan. Top with layer of noodles, breaking to fit. Spread half of ricotta mixture over noodles, sprinkle with one-third of mozzarella and top with half of eggplant, overlapping to fit. Repeat layering, then spread 1/4 cup sauce over rest of eggplant; top with remaining noodles, then remaining sauce.
- Cover pan with foil and put on cookie sheet. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover, top with remaining mozzarella. Bake 15 minutes more till golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes.