Recipe by Tish
I was looking for something easy, fast and good and came up with this egg drop soup. This is not a traditional egg drop soup but I think it tastes pretty good. Hope you like it!
- 6 cups chicken stock (low sodium works too)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 dash ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring your stock to a boil in a large pot. Add the spinach and bring back to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer until the spinach is cooked.
- Stir in the sesame seeds and chives and bring to a boil again.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and slowly pour the beaten eggs in, stirring slightly.
- Add the seasonings, and serve.