Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy delicious one pot soup to enjoy for a quick lunch or dinner. Original recipe was found on the internet, but like always, I tweaked it a bit.
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 8 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Im medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Stir in egg noodles and cook per package directions.
- Beat eggs, water, parmesan cheese and pepper together.
- Stir spinach into the broth and reheat to boiling.
- Pour egg mixture into soup slowly while stirring constantly with a fork.
- Cook 30 seconds.
- Check seasonings and add salt if desired.
Oh my gosh! This is wonderful. I scaled it down to 4 servings, added a teaspoon of minced garlic and used thr whole amount of Parmesan cheese. We had it with some homemade bread. Didn't need anything else, this is a great meal! Very good soup, I will make this a lot! Thanks Marie!!
Yesterday I went to a VERY up-scale restaurant and ordered this. I loved it so much that I rushed here to find a recipe and this is it! Perfect! Loved the Parmesan cheese. I left out the noodles because it was not added in the restaurant. I can't wait to make it again. Anything with spinach in it ROCKS in my book! Thank you!
Marie, What a great recipe,I make egg drop soup all the time,but never thought to put noodles and spinach in it,The parmesan cheese really adds to it also.I sometimes make fried rice and put in it,I like that also.But this was delicious.Thanks Marie for a great recipe. Darlene Summers