Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Wonderful and airy dumplings, great served with tomato or cheese sauce
- 2 (300 g) packages frozen spinach, thawed well drained (squeeze out water with hands)
- 4 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 2 egg whites or 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup dry curd cottage cheese
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 8 cups water
- Drain the spinach, and squeeze out the liquid.
- Add in 1/2 tsp salt, nutmeg (if using), egg and the cottage cheese.
- Add in enough flour to give it a firm texture (approx 6 tbsp).
- Form into balls, and put on a plate.
- Chill for 30 minutes or more.
- In a large pot bring 8 cups water with remaining salt; bring to a boil.
- Add in the dumpling balls; cook for 8-10 minutes, or until they rise to top of the water.
I made this last night. Is there a typo??? The dumpling fell apart as soon as they hit the water. I followed the recipe exactly.