Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Making your own pita chips is easy and inexpensive. They go great with any dip.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped scallion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 4 pita bread
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- DIP: Place spinach in a colander and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add scallions and garlic; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add spinach, sour cream, cheese, lemon juice, hot sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; stir well.
- Serve with Pita Crisps.
- PITA: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split pita bread in half horizontally; brush cut sides with olive oil; cut each pita into 8 wedges (like a pizza).
- Arrange, cut sides up, on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and ground pepper.
- Bake until golden and crisp, 10-12 minutes.
- Serves 8.
Everything about this was so easy! I loved the hot sauce! The pita chips came out perfectly and this wa served along side recipe#433931 for a vegetarian dipping lunch! Thanks for posting! Made for Veg'N Swap 37