Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy, different spinach dip. The jicama adds just the right crunch. From the Best American Recipes cookbook series. Preparation and cook time are one, and includes the whopping fifteen seconds to blanch the spinach. :)
- 4 cups fresh spinach, cleaned,with stems removed
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup finely chopped jicama
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- thinly sliced dark rye bread or cracker
- Drop the spinach in a large pot of boiling salted water for about 15 seconds to blanch it.
- Remove, and plunge into a large bowl of ice water.
- Drain the spinach, and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Finely chop the spinach.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream.
- Fold in the onion and jicama, and stir in the chopped spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature with rye bread or crackers.