Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found the dip recipe in a book I have using Name brand foods. Homemade Pita chips are so good and are much lower in fat and if you use a whole wheat pita bread, than they are also higher in whole grains as well. Also, you can either make the chips ahead of time or have them warmed just before you serve the dip as well. Sometimes having oven fresh chips are great, especially with this dip! The recipe suggests to use low fat sour cream and mayonnaise, but you can use the full fat ones if you'd prefer.
- To make the pita chips, split the pita breads in half and cut into 4 triangled shape pieces.
- Oil a large baking sheet with the olive oil and line the pita slices in even rows. Salt the slices well for taste. You can also add some black pepper for a little more spice to it as well.
- Bake at 375 for about 10-12 minutes and the slices are toasted to a golden brown.
- To make the dip, empty the soup mix packet into a medium sized bowl. Add the sour cream and the mayonnaise and stir well.
- Add the drained spinach and the optional water chestnuts and stir well to combine. Chill for at least 2 hours.