Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spinach dip is the best I've ever had. I was given the recipe by a friend who compared it to the local gourmet store and swore it was better -- I agree!
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use low fat)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (again, low fat)
- 1⁄2 cup green onions with top, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (dried is fine)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- Thaw the spinach and and wring all moisture out.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients.
- Chill for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
I realized halfway through that I didn't have any chilies, and this was still SO yummy! And super easy too! I used a can on chopped spinach, well drained, in place of the frozen, so it only took me about 10 minutes to make from start to finish. Thanks! Updated to add: I made this a second time, and used the chilies and I have to say I really prefer it without. I thought the chilies gave it a funny flavor that seemed misplaced in spinach dip. I will, however, leave my five star rating because that's just my taste, and I do think it is five stars without the chilies.
This is an excellent dip. We particularly loved the green chilies in it. I made this earlier in the day which allowed the flavors to blend. Thank sor sharing, Jlnjz!
I agree with you and your friend!! And so do a bunch of my friends and relatives - the most delicious Spinach Dip in the universe. I must make this again so that I can get my fill of it :wink: