Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
15 minutes to prepare 2 hours to chill. Serve with crackers.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package vegetable soup mix, dry
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 3 chopped green onions
- Thaw and squeeze spinach until dry; chop.
- In mixer add all ingredients together and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- You may want to add only 1 cup of sour cream then see if you want to add the rest.
We loved this dip! I put it in a circular "bread bowl" that I hollowed out. We used the pieces of bread, Barefoot Contessa's Parmesan Black Pepper Crackers -Ina Garten and various other store bought crackers to dip with. I let this chill for about 6 hours before we ate it, to really let the flavors meld together. We also loved the crunch of the water chestnuts. Thanks, Charlotte J!
This dip is very good, definitely a crowd pleaser. I like to use Knorr vegetable soup mix. Also, if I don't serve it in a sourdough bread bowl, I put it in a strainer for a few hours before serving.