Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this a few years ago on the A.B.C. I had forgotten all about it, so I thought I might pull the old recipe out and make it again. Great for when you have a few guests around or at parties. Fresh spinach can be used in place of frozen, I usaualy use about 250g of fresh.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (250 g) packet frozen spinach
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (30 g) packetspring vegetable soup mix
- 1 loaf bread (cobb, or multiple small bread roll)
- Place thawed spinach in a bowl and mix with sour cream, onion, vegetable soup and mayonnaise and mix ingredients well.
- Slice the top of your bread and pull all out the middle of the loaf. Break or tear the centre bread into pieces for dipping.
- Fill bread with the spinach mixture, return the bread lid, and place on a baking dish surrounded with torn bits made from centre of the loaf.
- Bake in a slow oven for about an hour remove from oven and serve with the dipping breads.
Love, love, love this recipe. Thank you so much Tisme. I had tried something similar a couple months ago and enjoyed it so when I found your recipe, I was excited to try it. I made it for our 'street Christmas party' that we have with our neighbours every year. Everyone commented on how good it was. This'll be used time and again!! ;o)
This is everything I look for in a recipe. Quick, plates well and very very tasty. I used fresh spinach, homemade mayonnaise and red onion. I drizzled garlic infused olive oil over the torn cubes of bread before placing in the oven. After making the recipe I've decided I'll be proudly adding this to my Christmas menu this year. Great recipe and wish I could give it 6 stars.