Recipe by Tisme
I found this a few years ago on the A.B.C. I had forgotten all about it, so I thought I might pull the old recipe out and make it again. Great for when you have a few guests around or at parties. Fresh spinach can be used in place of frozen, I usaualy use about 250g of fresh.
Top Review by busyozmum
Love, love, love this recipe. Thank you so much Tisme. I had tried something similar a couple months ago and enjoyed it so when I found your recipe, I was excited to try it. I made it for our 'street Christmas party' that we have with our neighbours every year. Everyone commented on how good it was. This'll be used time and again!! ;o)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (250 g) packet frozen spinach
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (30 g) packetspring vegetable soup mix
- 1 loaf bread (cobb, or multiple small bread roll)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place thawed spinach in a bowl and mix with sour cream, onion, vegetable soup and mayonnaise and mix ingredients well.
- Slice the top of your bread and pull all out the middle of the loaf. Break or tear the centre bread into pieces for dipping.
- Fill bread with the spinach mixture, return the bread lid, and place on a baking dish surrounded with torn bits made from centre of the loaf.
- Bake in a slow oven for about an hour remove from oven and serve with the dipping breads.