Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is heaven in a bread loaf. Easy to prepare, little mess as you use the outside of the cob loaf to eat the dip!
- 2 (250 g) packets frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 1 (65 g) packetof instant spring vegetable soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1 (290 g) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 2 (250 g) cartons sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Combine all ingredients, mix well and leave to sit in bowl for 5 minutes.
- Cut a layer off the top of the cob loaf and hollow it out, making a bowl out of the bread.
- Tear excess bread into bit size pieces and place in 150 degree oven for 15 minutes or until nice a crunchy.
- Add mixture to the hollowed cob loaf, place prepared bread pieces around on the plate and serve.
The only way to eat spinach !! I made up the recipe, most went into a pumpernickel, and the photo shows the remaining dip rolled up in tortillas, chilled, then sliced. Yummy !