Recipe by Kathy Strickland
This recipe came from our cookbook at the beauty shop where I work. We had many pot lucks, and every one wanted this and that recipe, so we all gave recipes and had our own book printed and sold them in the salon.
- 283.49 g package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 28.34 g package Knorr vegetable soup mix (or onion soup mix)
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 1 chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw and drain the spinach.
- Squeeze the spinach with paper towels to remove excess water.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Let set in the fridge for a couple hours before serving.
- I like to serve it inside a hollowed out round loaf of bread.
- Scoop out the loaf and place dip inside.
- I use what I scoop out for making croutons.
- Serve with fresh vegetables.