Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
For anyone who is not overly fond of spinach, you may find this dip to be surprisingly tasty. Do not know the serving size.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, drained & blotted dry
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use garlic salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder (I use onion salt)
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 loaf round crusty bread
- Beat together cream cheese,mayonnaise, and sour cream.
- Add well drained spinach and remaining ingredients, except bread loaf.
- Cut top from bread loaf.
- Remove bread from inside leaving about 1 1/2" on shell.
- Fill with spinach mixture.
- Put top back on shell and wrap with tin foil.
- Bake in 300* oven for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hour.
- Remove from oven and chill well in refrigerator.
- Serve with crackers.
Although the recipe indicates to use a one ounce package of cream cheese, I don't think that's what was intended so I used 8 oz. Also added some black pepper to the dip. The result tasted fine. I didn't use a bread bowl and just baked mine in a casserole for 20 minutes at 350. Thanks for the recipe.