Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a friend I worked with many years ago. I have seen several different versions over the years. It is really good. My recipe does not have a size for the water chestnuts. I use a small can.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 7⁄8 ounces Knorr vegetable soup mix
- water chestnut, canned, drained and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 loaf bread, round
- Squeeze spinach until dry.
- In medium bowl stir in spinach, sour cream, mayo, soup mix, chestnuts and onion.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Hollow out bread and put dip in center.
- Serve and enjoy.
A classic! We love it with King's Hawaiian bread.
Well I took this to a BBQ on the weekend were I was cooking for 30 people.. I made extra of this and this was one of the few things that I had no left overs of.. I had requests from quite a few people asking could they get the recipe. Because people know I make a lot of recipes from zaar, I always get asked is this your recipe or a review, I told them a review. They all told me to give it a huge thumbs up and raved and raved on how delicious it was. The only thing I changed was not to add the water chestnuts as I had none and am not a huge fan anyway. I made this the night before to allow the flavours to come through and it was excellent. I served it with bread, chips and also lots of cut up veggies to dip in it. A super recipe.. Cheers happynana