Recipe by l0ve2c00k
Very yummy dip! Love to have this with tortilla chips or assorted veggie dippers.
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until onion is tender; stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese and milk; cook and stir until smooth.
- Stir in spinach, lemon peel, lemon juice, sauce and pepper. If desired, heat through.
- Atir in half the bacon or red sweet peppers and milk until reaching desired dipping consistency.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon or sweet pepper.
- Note: For a healthier version I use the peppers instead of the bacon.