Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dip makes a great party appetizer. It has become a regular at our house on holidays and football Sundays. It tastes best when refrigerated overnight.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 (5 ounce) packagesargento grated parmesan cheese
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 quarter red bell pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 large round loaf pumpernickel bread or 1 large similar bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine spread
- Squeeze spinach thoroughly until dry.
- In a large bowl, mix together spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup mix, cheese, celery, green onions and red pepper
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Cut slice from top of round loaf of bread.
- Hollow out loaf leaving outside shell to hold dip
- Cut bread removed from loaf into bite size pieces.
- Butter inside of bread shell or line shell with plastic wrap if some dip is expected to be left over.
- Fill loaf with dip and place on platter surrounded with bread pieces, crackers and raw vegetables.
This was PHENOMENAL! I had a friend email me the day after I made it saying that she "had dreams about it" that night! Perfect texture, flavor, consistency. I followed the directions to a T and it was easy, fast, and fantastic. I will always use this recipe now.