Joyce O's Note:
This dip makes a great party appetizer. It has become a regular at our house on holidays and football Sundays. It tastes best when refrigerated overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 (5 ounce) package sargento grated parmesan cheese
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 quarter red bell pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 large round loaf pumpernickel bread or 1 large similar bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine spread
- 1Squeeze spinach thoroughly until dry.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup mix, cheese, celery, green onions and red pepper
- 3Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- 4Cut slice from top of round loaf of bread.
- 5Hollow out loaf leaving outside shell to hold dip
- 6Cut bread removed from loaf into bite size pieces.
- 7Butter inside of bread shell or line shell with plastic wrap if some dip is expected to be left over.
- 8Fill loaf with dip and place on platter surrounded with bread pieces, crackers and raw vegetables.
Browse Our Top Heirloom/Historical Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Dip
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.6 mg
- Sodium 1024.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 8.7 g