Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A little different from other spinach dips - not quite as rich, a little "tangy-er." :)
- 1 (11 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (optional, if used please use good quality, fresh powder!)
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain thoroughly.
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving with vegetables or chips. For a milder dip, mix in a little cottage cheese before serving.
- The tip tastes completely different depending on whether or not you use the curry powder, so do try both versions. :) I usually make it without, but that's only because some folks don't enjoy curry -- myself, I'm hard pressed to choose version I prefer.
I really liked this version of spinach dip. I will definitely keep this recipe for future use! Thanks for sharing it.
Made exactly as listed but increased the Garlic. DH loves this one. Thanks for the keeper !
This is excellent. I used the plain yougurt,lemon, Vegeta (which is sold in the foreign foods section) and I added a cup of mild Picante sauce. Yum Yum.