Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A nice fresh, light spinach salad with a touch of dill. I formulated this recipe years ago as I grow some very tasty spinach and dill weed.
Top Review by kellymbrown
This was pretty tasty, a little bland but still very good. I used agave nectar instead of sugar (it's a staple in my house) and added the mustard powder. We added some radishes and sliced almonds as well. Thanks for sharing!
- 12 ounces fresh spinach, coarse stems removed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, first press,cold press
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8 inch) cucumbers, peeled,seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash spinach in cold water.
- Remove coarse stems and discard.
- Dry spinach on paper towelling; chop into bite size pieces and place into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, sugar and pepper, mix well to blend.
- Add seeded chopped cucumber to dressing and mix.
- Pour dressing over spinach and toss to coat.
- Add chopped fresh dill and toss to mix.
- Serve immediately.
- If desired, add 1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard when mixing dressing.