Recipe by Sana
I make this once a week. A quick lunch vegetable. It really tastes good. It is very similar to other vegetables I cooks, so bear with me. Please adjust the spices to your liking
Top Review by Emily F.
Lovely curry! I used frozen spinach and cooked out the onions for while before adding garlic, ginger, chillies and then finally the spices, before the spinach. I also added a couple of tomatoes. No thymol seeds sadly, but still very nice. Served alongside Chana Dal, Rice and Roti.
- 2 cups spinach, cooked
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 -2 green chili
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thymol seeds (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil.
- Add the thymol seeds (ajwain in hindi).
- Add the ginger, garlic and onions.
- When the onions get soft, add the spinach.
- Add all the spices and salt.
- ** I microwave my spinach for about 8 minutes. Cook the spinach to the doneness level you like.
- ** Variations - I sometimes add boiled potatoes, tomatoes or yogurt to this. All the variations taste good :)
- ** Another variation - If you want sort of a gravy add some water mixed with corn starch and add alongwith the spinach.