The delicious yogurt dressing in this recipe is flavored with mint, and the salad goes very well served with a spicy meal. It was adapted from a recipe in a Fine Cooking publication. Note: the dressing requires chill time. Be sure to make the salad ahead of time. The chill time is not included in the preparation or cooking time listed.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons yogurt (use Greek style yogurt or whole-milk yogurt)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves, tightly packed
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded, halved (lengthwise)
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, halved (lengthwise)
- Whisk the lemon juice and honey in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the yogurt and olive oil together. Whisk while adding the yogurt to the lemon juice in a thin stream. Add the mint, then add the salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill the dressing for up to 24 hours.
- Combine the spinach, cucumbers and onion in a large bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper. Add just enough dressing to moisten the salad. Toss to coat, and serve with extra dressing on the side.
Great salad - only had one cucumber, but otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing!
We loved this salad! The dressing was different & refreshing. I like how the Greek yogurt thickened it (this is a new-ish ingredient for me). Thank you to dd for having mint in the yard. ;) Made for Mike & the Appliance Killers, ZWT9!
Wow, what a lovely surprise this salad was. So good, so many flavors and wonderful textures. It was quick and easy to make. I loved the spicy dressing. The mint takes it over the top. It was creamy and very refreshing. It made a lovely lunch. Thanks so much for sharing PanNan. I made this lovely salad for Culinary Quest 2014 - for the Suitcase Gourmets.