Recipe by P4
I really like crepe dishes, especially for brunch or "ladies" lunches. I like to fill them with a variety of fillings - chicken, seafood, ricotta & parmesan cheese, sauteed vegetables - and top with an appropriate sauce. This recipe is just for the crepe - fillings to be posted later...
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cooked spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat your crepe pan or a small, non-stick frying pan until very hot.
- Spray with non-stick if needed.
- Pour about 2 tbl.
- of batter into the pan and immediately swirl the pan to coat the bottom with batter.
- Cook just until set, then flip the crepe over to cook on the other side, about 30 seconds, then turn out to cool and make another until all the batter has been used.
- Stack between layers of parchment paper.
- Use spinach crepes in place of plain crepes for savory fillings.