1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a recipe from an old 1970's cookbook that myself and my oldest Son still cook from. They are really great and very easy. I included the one hour resting time in the preparation time. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the eggs, then add milk and mix either by hand or in the electric blender. We use a blender because it mixes well and is easy to pour from.
- 2Add the spinach and blend well.
- 3Sift the flour with the salt, pepper and nutmeg and gradually add to the spinach mixture.
- 4Add the oil and blend thoroughly.
- 5Set aside and allow mixture to stand for at least an hour before using. If the batter is too thick, add a little milk and mix.
- 6Pour one or two tablespoons of the batter in the centre of a hot, nonstick frying pan. Tilt to spread the batter to the edges of the pan. Cook until the top is dry. Turn over and cook the other side for about 15 seconds. Don't worry if the first couple aren't perfect - those are the trial ones for me!
- 7Be adventuresome and stuff these with whatever sounds good with spinach! Try shrimp or chicken or other vegetables.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Crepe Batter
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 143.3 mg
- Sodium 380.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 11.4 g