Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This is a wonderful side dish.
Top Review by MsPia
I really liked this side dish. I think the previous reviewer might have used the 8 oz bricks of cream cheese, because honestly a total of six ounces for 30 oz of spinach it was not a lot, at all. Any way, I did add garlic and used a big onion instead of a small one one. Also, I sauteed the onion and the garlic before mixing it into the cream cheese. It was delicious. Served it with grilled lemon fish. Thanks for posting.
- 3 (10 ounce) boxes frozen spinach (defrosted)
- 2 (3 ounce) bricks cream cheese
- 1⁄2 small white onion (finely chopped)
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (2 handfuls)
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place spinach in microwave to defrost. Place the boxes on a dish to defrost the spinach, because the boxes will leak.
- While spinach defrosts, place cream cheese and onions in a medium sauce pot over low heat.
- When cream cheese melts, add Parmesan and black pepper to the cheese.
- Drain spinach in a clean kitchen towel, wringing it out until dry.
- Stir spinach into sauce, season with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Allow spinach to sit over lowest heat possible 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.