Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These individual spinach creams surprised me! My family loved it and begged for it again. At one dinner party I was embarrassed when guests asked for second helpings and there was none! Oops. I make these in the microwave oven. If I have company I line the ramekins. If not, it works great without going to all that fuss. From Think Microwave.
- 500 g spinach leaves
- 25 g butter
- 15 g plain flour
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml cream
- 1 egg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Lightly grease four ramekin dishes.
- Wash the spinach and remove the stems.
- Place the spinach in a dish. Cover and microwave on 100% power for about 6 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the spinach, refresh with cold water and press between two plates to remove excess water.
- Line each ramekin dish with leaves, allowing the leaves to hang over the edge of the dish.
- Liquidize the reamining leaves.
- Microwave the butter on 100% power about one minute.
- Add the flour.
- Gradually stir in the milk and cream.
- Microwave the sauce on 100% power for about two minutes until it thickens. Stir once during the cooking time. Add the spinach to the sauce and combine well. Beat in the egg and seasonings.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekin dishes. Fold back the spinach leaves hanging over the edge of the dish to cover the spinach mixture. Cover with plastic wrap. Pierce. Microwave on 50% power for about 10 minutes. Allow to sand for five minutes, before inverting.