Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The taste of these enchiladas is delicious with the combination of spinach and cream cheese. Enjoy them.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, low-fat
- Cook ground turkey in skillet with chopped onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add drained spinach and 1 cup of salsa to turkey meat. Cook about 5 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and add cream cheese. Mix until melted.
- Lay flour tortilla flat and place 1/3 cup meat mix, roll and place in greased 13x9 inch pan with flat side up.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350ºF. Remove from oven and top with 1 cup salsa mixed with can of diced tomatoes.
- Top with cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve with refried beans, Mexican rice, sour cream and guacamole.
We absolutely LOVE this recipe! I even made it for a carry in and the guys who would normally never eat spinach devoured it. A big hit with everyone who has tried it.