1/2 Photos of Spinach Cream
From the book "Qu'est-ce qu'on mange volume 3". This is a recipe I like to do again and again. And I never use the heavy cream and almonds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock, warm
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 lemons, juice of (optional)
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, grilled (optional)
- 1In a casserole, heat butter and oil. Cook onion and garlic 3 to 4 minutes at medium heat.
- 2Add spinach and stir well. Sprinkle with flour and keep cooking 1 minute while stirring.
- 3Add chicken stock. Bring to boil. When it begins to boil, reduce the heat and let simmer about 20 minutes, until thickness.
- 4Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 5Puree in a blender until homogeneous.
- 6Put back in the casserole. Add milk, pepper and nutmeg. Let boil 2 to 3 minutes to reheat.
- 7Pour in soup bowls. Sprinkle each serving with a few drops of lemon juice, then with 1 tablespoon of heavy cream by forming a spiral. Sprinkle with almonds.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Cream
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.5
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 211.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g