1/1 Photo of Spinach & Cranberry Salad
This is a delicious spinach salad with hot bacon dressing that is to die for! Enjoy, it's a special treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups loosely packed stemmed Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup sliced white mushroom (cleaned)
- 1/3 lb thick-sliced bacon, cut into strips about 1 inch long and 1/4 inch wide
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1Put the spinach and mushrooms in a large bowl.
- 2Crumble the cheese over the spinach.
- 3Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crispy, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Drain the bacon in a sieve set over a heatproof measuring cup, reserving the rendered fat.
- 5You will need 1/4 cup for the dressing. Pour the fat back into the pan and add the shallot and cook until light brown, about 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add the thyme and let it crackle in the fat for about 10 seconds.
- 7Add the vinegar, and season with salt and pepper and sugar to taste. Cook for about 30 seconds to lower the acidity of the vinegar. You should see tiny drops of vinegar dispersed throughout the fat.
- 8Add the dried cranberries and stir.
- 9Add Bacon back into dressing.
- 10Pour the dressing over the spinach and cheese. Toss to coat the leaves evenly and melt the cheese a little.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach & Cranberry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.2
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.1 mg
- Sodium 234.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh goat cheese