Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite ways to have spinach.
Make and share this Spinach Corn Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup minced white onion
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Warm frozen spinach in a saucepan over medium heat. Drain excess liquid. Combine spinach, onion, and creamed corn in casserole dish. Melt 1 tbsp margarine and add to casserole dish. Add vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Mix ingredients together. Spread 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese over top of casserole. Melt remaining margarine and drizzle over topping. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
This is such an easy and delicious dish! Creamed corn is one of those weird fixations I have had since childhood :) <br/><br/>When I first made this, it came out pretty bland and watery. Since then, I have added about 1/2 cup of grated Cheddar cheese, and it makes all the difference! I've also found that 30 minutes, rather than 20, is the adequate baking time.
This was just an ok recipe for me. I used the microwave to defrost the frozen spinach and then drained it really well.
This combination works extremely well together. It's quite easy to prepare, too. I made no changes except to use butter for the margarine. Thanx for a nice new veggie dish!