Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This wonderfully aromatic soup is full of nutrients and flavor.
Make and share this Spinach Coriander Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 medium onions
- 6 ounces spinach
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 dash cooking spray
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry onions, potatoes, garlic and coriander seeds for a few minutes. Add a couple tablespoons of water, reduce heat to low and cover pan.
- Leave to 'sweat' until onions are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add broth, spinach and cilantro; cook for 10 minutes more. Puree soup in pan with an immersion blender (or puree in batches in a blender but be careful not to splatter hot liquid). Season to taste and serve.
I would give the original recipe a 3. Even with double the garlic and coriander, and a healthy amount of cilantro, this soup is pretty bland. I added a bay leaf, about a 1/4 cup of vermouth, and 3 ounces of goat cheese (sorry vegan friends). NOW I give it 4 stars :)