Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
For a soup as simple to prepare as this, it looks very eligant and tastes better!! One of my favourites when company is coming.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cans cream of potato soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- crumbled crisp bacon or crumbled crisp bacon bits
- Combine spinach, soup, milk& Oxo cubes dissolved in boiling water.
- Heat slowly, stir occasionally for about 20 minutes until spinach has thawed.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with egg slices and crumbled bacon on top.
Quick and easy prep with a very rich and sophisticated bistro taste. We added mushrooms to give it a bit more flavor and texture. Be careful with the bouillon cubes as they can turn the chowder very salty very fast.
This was so simple to prepare!!! Delicious in toasted bread bowls, (this keeps them from getting too soggy). A nice dish to warm up with.