Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Savory dish that I found in Betty Crocker Quick fixes, doesn't have a lot of calories or calories from fat....gotta love it....try it
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 10 ounces fresh spinach (washed or chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups brown rice
- Cook chicken for 2 minutes on each side in 12" nonstick skillet over medium heat; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in milk, broth & onion. Cook about 5 minutess, turning chicken occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Stir in spinach. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is completely wilted & juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium. Cook spinach mixture about 3 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated. Stir in salt, pepper, & nutmeg. Serve chicken over spinach all on a bed of rice. Taste with additional pepper if desired.