Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from my wonderful sister! Use the chicken as listed below or any other fillings that come to mind. Italian sausage and a bit of tomato sauce is excellent also.
- 6 large eggs
- 16 ounces frozen spinach
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Line Jelly Roll pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Thaw and squeeze moisture from spinach.
- In blender, puree spinach, eggs, whipping cream, garlic and Parmesan cheese until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Lift foil with baked spinach mixture and place on working surface.
- While spinach is cooling sauté chicken, peppers and scallion; season to taste.
- When spinach is still warm sprinkle with mozzarella cheese all over, add sliced chicken, peppers and onions. Roll up starting with short end. When you have a complete roll, cut (you should get about three separate rolls out of this one pan). Can be sliced in 1/2" or smaller pieces for appetizer.