This is a variation of a Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad sent to me by a friend (which, having looked at the recipe by the same name here, I'm pretty certain she got from AllRecipes.com). I changed the recipe quite a bit to fit my own tastes, and everyone in my office LOVES it! It's light and hearty at the same time--perfect for a potluck or as a one-dish meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) packages radiatore (or any other 'fun' shape) or 2 (16 ounce) packages rotelle pasta (or any other 'fun' shape)
- 3 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green onion
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach leaves (I prefer baby spinach)
- 2 cups matchstick carrots (I purchase pre-cut in bags at grocery, or you can julienne regular carrots yourself)
- 2 cups diced red bell peppers
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in sesame seeds and cook until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in vinegars, ginger, black pepper, and sugar.*
- 4Pour dressing into a sealable container, and set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, mix together pasta, cooked chicken, carrots, pepper, and 3/4 of the dressing (reserve remaining dressing).
- 6Cover salad, and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- 7Directly before serving, stir in parsley, green onions, and spinach.
- 8Toss with remaining dressing, if desired.
- 9* Make sure you taste the dressing as you're adding ingredients; you may find that you need more or less of each, depending on your taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Chicken Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 700.8
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.7 mg
- Sodium 71.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 26.5 g