1/3 Photos of Spinach Chicken Parmesan
I adopted this recipe from Recipezzar. It used to be called just Chicken Parmesan, but most other dishes with that name on here are tomato based and I wanted to make clear that this one isn't. I have also changed the amounts of some of the ingredients as I felt they just weren't quite balanced. This can easily be doubled .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed
- 2 chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated (more to taste)
- 1In a small mixing bowl combine half of the cheese and Italain seasoning.
- 2Roll chicken pieces in cheese mixture to coat lightly.
- 3ARRANGE pieces in an small baking dish.
- 4In a small saucepan cook onion in hot margarine till tender.
- 5Stir in flour; add milk all at once.
- 6Cook and stir till bubbly; stir in drained spinach, garlic and pimiento olives if using, season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 7Spoon spinach mixture over chicken; sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- 8Bake, uncovered, in a 350F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or till chicken is fully cooked.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.3
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 671.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets