Recipe by Petite Mommy
A delightful chicken, spinach and cheese dish. The beauty of this dish is the simplicity! (Recipe posted by Kathy Sauers at AllRecipes.com)
Top Review by Cat^..^atude
I have been lax in rating and reviewing this recipe. I am here to say now, this has to be my most favorite chicken dish. I am making it tonight for about the 5th time. I also added a little garlic to the sauce.I also discovered an easy, less messy way to drain the spinach.. Poke holes in the box and squeeze and then open to remove spinach.
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimento pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl combine cheese and seasoning. Roll chicken pieces in cheese mixture to coat lightly. Set remaining cheese mixture aside. Arrange coated chicken pieces in an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, sauté green onion in butter/margarine until tender.
- Stir in flour, then add milk all at once. Simmer, stirring, until bubbly. Stir in drained spinach and pimiento and mix together.
- Spoon spinach mixture over chicken and sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and chicken juices run clear.