1/1 Photo of Spinach Chicken Enchiladas
These are really rich and yummy in a Mexican Crema Sauce. They'll work well with left-over chicken
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/3-1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon tony chasers creole seasoning (use with caution, salty)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (Low Fat works fine)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Mexican crema (Found in refrigerated section at Walmart between the Cottage Cheese and Cream Cheese)
- 8 -10 corn tortillas
- 1Over Med to Med/Low heat add broth and onion to a sauce pan or skillet. Simmer covered until onions start to become translucent.
- 2Add Shredded Chicken, Drained Spinach, Creole Seasoning, Cumin and Garlic Powder. Stir & Simmer until all ingredients are heated through (most of broth should be evaporated) Drain any remaining liquid and let cool to manageable temperature.
- 3In the meantime preheat oven to 425°F.
- 4Soften Tortillas by your preferred method. I wrap them (fanned out like cards in a circle) in a damp towel and microwave approximately 1 minute.
- 5When Chicken/Spinach mixture has cooled, mix in 1/2 - 2/3 of shredded cheese.
- 6In a 15x10x2 glass casserole Lightly sprayed with Pam or canola oil spray I assemble the Enchiladas (I just eyeball how much mix per tortilla). Load up the tortillas and roll one at a time. Finishing seam side down. I like to keep them from touching each other before adding sauce.
- 7Spoon enough Crema Mexicana over each Enchilada to cover, sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Cover with foil and bake in preheated over at 425°F for 10-12 minutes. Remove foil and if desired (should be hot and bubbly) Broil for 1-2 minutes.
- 8Serve topped with sliced jalapeños or your favorite salsa. Goes great with Spanish rice or refried beans.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.7
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 322.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: