Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick and easy meal for lunch or supper. Its healthy and tasty! I made it up one night for supper for me and my sister. It was really quick, tasty and not too filling, but just right. It is healthy and spinach actually has more nutrients than any other food! If you want it even healthier, try whole wheat noodles rather than white. I am not too fond of measurements so these are close but approximates, so feel free to adjust as necessary. Enjoy this simple meal as a light, healthy new recipe!
- 2 chicken breasts (thawed or fresh)
- 1 small garlic clove (smaller the better when serving only 2 people)
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 0.25 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed enough to chop)
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 pinches tarragon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- fettuccine pasta (2 servings, Unless you want extra. Noodles of your choice)
- Put water in a medium/small pot on the stove and add noodles when the water comes to a boil.
- Start frying the chicken breasts in a TBSP of oil (olive or your choice) as you cut the garlic and onions.
- Saute the onions and garlic in the same pan. (Don't forget to stir the noodles!).
- Add the spinach when the onions and garlic are almost browning.
- Cook until spinach is hot and chicken is cooked and browning.
- Turn down heat to 3 or 4 and add parmesan, tarragon and lemon juice.
- Serve over noodles and enjoy!
My sister and I are trying new recipes while she is here. This one is excellent! Next time I make this I will add more lemon juice, tarragon, and garlic. Just for fun I will also be adding sliced fresh mushrooms, crisp fried and crumbled bacon and more garlic. "We are a "louder" flavored family. Just leaving this recipe alone is still a wonderful and exciting new dish! You are missing out if you don't try this one!