Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This soup is easy to throw together. If you don't have pre-cooked chicken, I think it would work to add whole, uncooked chicken breasts at the beginning, then pull them out and cut them up before adding the spinach. From Better Homes & Gardens.
- 3 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3 cup wild rice, uncooked, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped (about 1 pound) or 3 cups cooked turkey (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- In slow cooker, combine the water, broth, cream of chicken soup, uncooked wild rice, thyme, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- To serve, stir in chicken and spinach.
Nice basic soup! Added a clove of garlic, bay leaves and carrots! I will make it again!
This is a nice soup. I made it as posted except I added a whole teaspoon of thyme and was very liberal with the pepper. Next time I think I may add some garlic for some added flavour. It was nice to leave it while I went to work. I served it with Bread Machine Spinach and Feta Bread. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!
I don't know if I should really rate, since I changed so much, but this was an awesome springboard. I did it on the stovetop, used creamed corn instead of cream of chicken soup and added a can of condensed tomatoe soup, a good heaping teaspoon of Mrs. Dash tomatoe basil garlic, a teaspoon or so of garlic and a teaspoon or so of worstester sauce. I can't wait to make it again!