Recipe by jovigirl
These are a really good snack or appetizer and pretty simple but impressive! (allow about 30 minutes to thaw the pastry sheets).
Top Review by Cleoppa
Excellent food. I was a little disappointed in the recipe (I actually got it from the puff pastry website, but same wording...). First off, I think the puff pastry should have been rolled a little. No way can you get that many without rolling it a little. Secondly, it says to brush it with the egg mixture and doesn't both to say that you should save some for further steps. Overall, though, the end product was great and very easy.
- 1 sheet pepperidge farm frozen puff pastry (1 sheet - 1/2 package)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup shredded muenster cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minute
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Mix egg and water. Set aside.
- Mix Muenster cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion and garlic powder.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Brush with egg mixture.
- Top with cheese mixture and spinach. Starting at short side, roll up like a jelly roll. Cut into 20 (1/2") slices.
- Place on baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 15 minute or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.