Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
from lighten up.
Make and share this Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Portabella Mushroom Caps (3 Ww Poin recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained thoroughly (I used fresh spinach & just sauteed it in Pam and then chopped it up)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bottled roasted red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove brown gills from undersides of mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills. Place mushrooms, stem sides up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
- While mushrooms bake, combine ricotta, garlic powder, black pepper, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl, stirring well. Gently stir in the spinach and bell pepper. Divide mixture evenly among mushroom caps. Top evenly with tomato sauce and cheese. Sprinkle evenly with oregano. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil. Broil 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3 points per stuffed portobello cap.
- Nutritional Info:
- Please note that this NI is for 2 caps so it will come out to 6 points: CALORIES 305(22% from fat); FAT 6.9g (sat 4.1g,mono 0.0g,poly 0.1g); PROTEIN 22.9g; CHOLESTEROL 42mg; CALCIUM 466mg; SODIUM 949mg; FIBER 6.2g; IRON 2.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 31.6g.
This was a great recipe. I had to substitute sun-dried tomatoes for the red peppers because I din't have red peppers. But it added a nice zing to it. The mixture was just the right consistency and weight for the mushrooms, so they made a nice presentation.